Recipe: Greek Marinated Grilled Lamb Chops
Author & Photographer: Paige Resnick
You aren’t spending your summer right if you aren’t grilling. There is something so divine about the sound of that perfect sizzle when meat hits flame. This recipe for lamb chops is so quick, easy, and mouth-wateringly satisfying, you’ll have no excuse not to break out the charcoal and invite a few friends over. A couple of hints before you get ready to tuck your napkin into your collar: 1. Know your cuts of meat! Lamb shoulder chops are considerable cheaper and arguably more flavorful than rib chops. 2. Don’t worry about measurements when marinating! If you only have one garlic clove left in your pantry, don’t make the trek to the grocery store. Marinades are about flavor, not perfection. 3. If you don’t have a grill, a cast iron pan works fine, too!
- 2-3 lamb shoulder chops per person, cut to ½ in thick
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup italian parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Combine oregano, parsley, garlic, lemon, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over meat, either in a dish with plastic wrap over top, or in a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Place in refrigerator and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat grill on high. Cook meat to your desired doneness with a good outer char. Best medium rare (firmer, warm red center, internal temperature 145ºF).